In an exclusive conversation with EMobility+, Mr. Nishchal Chaudhary, Founder, BattRE Electric Mobility speaks about the journey of his company – BattRE and what factors led to its success. He gives us the highlights of their 2 wheelers and the company’s long term expansion and growth plans.
How has the journey of BattRE been so far? How do you plan to take this journey ahead, scale up and expand?
- BattRE was conceptualised in Nov 2017, to offer affordable electric mobility to the Indian masses. We started with just a 2 member team and launched Electric Cycles that were sold only Online. Good customer feedback gave us confidence that we can get into a larger game in this space, and that’s when we started working on our Electric Scooters.
- We launched our first Electric Scooter Model “BattRE ONE” in June 2019, on The World Environment Day. BattRE One was a mid-segment product priced at Rs74000, and came with lots of power packed features like powered by Lithium Ferro Phosphate Battery, Fast Charger, Dual Disc Brakes, Smart Keys etc. The product took off and we managed to appoint 30 dealers by Dec 2019, primarily in South and West India.
- In Jan 2020, we launched our entry level scooter “BattRE LoEV”, priced at Rs63000, which we call Affordable Premium Scooter, as it offers all the features that you would expect in a premium scooter.
- BattRE LoEV helped us in three ways – increasing throughput at existing dealers, increasing depth of distribution in the existing districts and also in driving spread of distribution in more districts and in new geographies – like in East and North India.
- We now have 130+ Dealers in 15 states of India and are rapidly increasing both in terms of spread and depth.
- In order to meet ever increasing market demand we are now doubling our plant size by June 2021 and we will be able to deliver more than double of our current production capacities.
- We target to cross 250 dealers by March 22.
Please give us the highlights and unique features of your electric 2W.
- We are the only company that has launched variants with both Bluetooth connectivity (BattRE IOT) and SIM Connectivity (BattRE gps:ie).
- BattRE IOT offers features like Navigation assist on the speedometer, call alert on the speedometer, Ride statistics, Ride pattern based AI suggestions, detailed diagnosis of the vehicle and state of charge on the BattRE app.
- BattRE gps:ie offers GPS tracking, remote immobilisation, driver behaviour reports, trip reports, secure park, geofencing and state of charge on the app.
- In addition to the connected scooters – RE:charge stations can also be located, navigated to, booked and paid for charging the scooters through BattRE app itself.
Since the launch, your company has really grown and become one of the promising names in the EV sector. What according to you have been the major factors that propelled you towards success?
- I believe our focused approach towards building sustainable distribution has helped us in building scale. In less than 20 months of launch, we have been able to create the right kind of spread and depth of distribution.
- In addition, we have introduced many services that have helped in building acceptability towards electric vehicles in general and BattRE in particular, like – Roadside Assistance, Extended Warranty Program, deployment of 150+ RE:Charge Stations.
- We have also focused on delivering only high quality products, such that consumers are delighted and help us with more references and recommendations.
Read the full interview here: https://emobilityplus.com/2021/05/17/emobility-india-march-2021-magazine/