This report offers insights into prominent participants in the e-bike industry, including OEMs and motor manufacturers, spanning Asia, North America, and Europe.
Each company profile delineates primary business models, go-to-market strategies, and key fiscal performance highlights. The study delves into noteworthy industry partnerships and developments shaping the e-bike market, addressing growth drivers, challenges, and prospective opportunities for e-bike OEMs in the forthcoming years.
The escalating demand for electric bikes (e-bikes) is driven by consumer preferences for sustainable transportation, connected services, and convenience. E-bikes are increasingly viewed by logistics providers as an efficient alternative for last-mile delivery, capitalizing on their ability to navigate urban environments, reduce carbon emissions, and expedite delivery times.
Positioned as software-defined platforms, e-bikes present new possibilities for connected services. Similar to larger electric motorcycles, e-bikes integrate innovative embedded telematics solutions to facilitate remote diagnosis and 24×7 services. Given their compact footprint and distinctive usage patterns, data aggregators target e-bikes as platforms for data collection.
The report is focused on the e-bike and e-cargo bike segments, categorized under the L1e-A category of vehicles. E-bikes are classified as pedal electric cycles (pedelecs) with a top speed of 25 kmph, 45 kmph for speed pedelecs, and motor power output between 250 W and 750 W.
E-cargo bikes, also categorized under the L1e-A category, are designed for cargo transport, accommodating parcels, pets, and people. E-cargo bikes are classified as pedelecs with a top speed of up to 25 kmph, 200 kg payload capacity, and power output ranging from 250 W to 1 kW.
Key Topics Covered:
- Strategic Imperatives
- Why is it Increasingly Difficult to Grow?
- The Strategic Imperative
- The Impact of the Top 3 Strategic Imperatives on the E-bike Industry
- Growth Opportunities Fuel the Growth Pipeline Engine
- Growth Opportunity Analysis
- Scope of Analysis
- E-bike Segmentation and Definition
- Segmentation by Market
- Key Players
- Growth Drivers
- Growth Restraints
- Profile Analysis – North America
- Trek Bikes, United States
- Specialized Bicycles, United States
- Cannondale Bikes, United States
- Rad Power Bikes, United States
- Profile Analysis – Europe
- Moustache Bikes, France
- Haibike, Germany
- Gazelle Bikes
- Brompton Bikes, United Kingdom
- Corratec Bikes
- Profile Analysis – Asia
- Tern Bicycles, Taiwan
- Merida Bikes
- Giant Bicycles, Taiwan
- AIMA Tech
- Yadea, China
- Yamaha Bicycles, Japan
- Panasonic Bicycles
- Growth Opportunity Universe
- Growth Opportunity 1 – Advancements in Battery Technology
- Growth Opportunity 2 – Subsidies and Incentives
- Growth Opportunity 3 – Connected Technology