Estimated Reading Time: 1 minutes
Dana Incorporated announced today that it has confirmed its strategic supply relationship with current OEM partner Lion Electric Co. to support its line-up of electric buses as well as medium- and heavy-duty trucks. The strategic relationship covers the supply of the electric drive systems, including electric motors, inverters, and controllers, as well as axles and driveshafts for all Lion Electric platforms, including the LionA, LionC, LionD, LionM, Lion6, and Lion8.
“The bus and medium-duty truck segments are among the fastest growing for electrified products and we have developed our portfolio to enable a seamless integration for our customers vehicles,” said Ryan Laskey, senior vice president of Dana Commercial Vehicle Drive and Motion Systems. “We are excited to support Lion Electric as they deliver on their mission to help electrify urban transportation for buses and medium and heavy-duty trucks.”
“We are pleased with our strategic relationship with Dana in order to deliver the highest quality medium and heavy-duty all-electric trucks and buses available today. By working together, Lion will be able to continue meeting the increasing demand in the marketplace for zero-emission transportation solutions, especially as we prepare to manufacture vehicles at our upcoming U.S. facility in Illinois in the second half of this year,” said Yannick Poulin, Chief Operating Officer at Lion Electric.
Dana supplies Lion with a broad range of technologies and systems, including:
- The Dana TM4™ SUMO family of electric motors supporting light, medium, and heavy-duty applications;
- Dana TM4™ medium-and heavy-duty high-voltage inverters;
- Medium-and high-voltage bi-directional charger inverters that function as both a battery charger and inverter;
- The fully programmable OpenECU™ M5 series of vehicles controllers for use as the main vehicle management unit; and
- A range of single reduction and tandem drive axles, and driveshafts for direct-drive configurations.