Estimated Reading Time: 4 minutes
Audi, the German luxury car manufacturer, announced the launch of the Audi RS 5 Sportback in India. Powered by a 2.9 L V6 twin-turbo TFSI engine that produces 450 hp of power and 600 Nm of torque, this new generation Audi RS 5 Sportback offers exhilarating performance with tremendous practicality.
The Audi RS 5 Sportback is being brought to India via the CBU route and is priced at INR 1.04 Crore Ex-Showroom (Introductory price).
Commenting on the announcement, Mr. Balbir Singh Dhillon, Head of Audi India, said, “We are thrilled to launch the sporty spearhead of the product line – the Audi RS 5 Sportback in India. The Audi RS 5 is coming to India as a Sportback, for the very first time and will be the perfect choice for customers who want the Audi RS DNA in addition to everyday practicality.
The Audi RS 5 Sportback is a superlative all-rounder, which is built with just the right mix of aggressive styling, heart-pumping performance, and opulent luxury which will garner tremendous affinity with performance car customers and existing Audi customers in India.”
With its progressive looks, sporty tuned suspension, and power-packed engine, the Audi RS 5 Sportback ticks all the right boxes. The Sportback goes from 0 to 100 km/h in a mere 3.9 seconds and hits a top speed of 250 km/h.
Mr. Dhillon further added, “We have witnessed good traction for all our Sports models, across the country and with the advent of the Audi RS 5 Sportback, we look forward to fueling the appetite for performance cars. This is our fifth launch of the year and I can assure you this won’t be our last – stay tuned for a lot more action from brand Audi in India.”
• With the 2.9L V6 TFSI engine propelling the Audi RS 5 Sportback churning out 450 hp with 600 Nm of torque, the engine catapults the car from 0-100 km/h in a miniscule 3.9 seconds to a top speed of 250 km/h
• The driver can choose between 2 RS modes through the Multifunction Steering Wheel, which calibrates the power curve of the engine, shifting of the transmission and steering sensitivity.
• Perfectly tuned to compliment the performance of the engine, the RS sports suspension has been honed to offer superlative dynamic handling on the road.
• The quattro permanent all-wheel drive, with self-locking center differential, optimises power delivery between the front and rear axles according to the driving conditions, thus providing ideal traction in virtually all scenarios
• The acceleration of the engine is perfectly matched by the stopping power of the RS steel brakes with RS Black Brake Callipers, endowing the driver with utmost confidence to explore the vast performance of the Audi RS 5 Sportback
• The front of the Audi RS 5 Sportback is dominated by the new single-frame which encases the glossy black RS honeycomb grille which is specific for the RS models
• The Matrix LED headlamps with dynamic turn indicators pierce through the darkest of nights and the headlight washer system keeps them clean no matter what the road throws at them
• All thanks to the Panoramic Glass Sunroof, the blue sky becomes an extension of the car itself
• The profile view of the Audi RS 5 Sportback is stunning, with the styling lending the car a flatter and deeper stance. The flared wheel arches that encase the meaty 48.26 cms (19”) 10 spoke alloy wheels are a not so subtle hint at the sporty performance that this car is capable of.
• The RS bumpers, coupled with the body coloured exterior mirror housings and the frameless doors, add copious amounts of sporty fair to the aesthetics of the Audi RS 5 Sportback.
• Out on the road, the rear LED combination lamps with dynamic turn signals and the surface mounted spoiler perched above are all that drivers of lesser cars will catch a glimpse of as the Audi RS 5 Sportback blows past them as if they were standing still
• The Audi RS 5 Sportback is available in the following colours: Nardo Gray, Turbo Blue, Tango Red, Mythos Black, Glacier White, Navarra Blue, Sonoma Green, Daytona Grey
• Audi Sport LED Door Projection adds sportiness even with the doors open.
• Black and rock gray take centre stage in the Alcantara/leather interiors of the Audi RS 5 Sportback, which are further enhanced with decorative aluminium inlays
• The driver has the sole privilege of having access to the 3-spoke multifunction plus leather steering wheel with shift paddles. The pedals and footrest are embellished with stainless steel and RS scuff plates adorn the running boards.
• The front Sports seats and, with a Comfort centre armrest between them, have pneumatically adjustable lumbar support with massage function and the driver’s seat has a memory for the adjustment settings.
• 3-zone air-conditioning keeps the heat at bay while the ambient lighting soothes the senses.
• The Audi virtual cockpit Plus informs the driver about everything from the torque output of the engine to the G-Forces acting on the car
• MMI Navigation Plus with MMI Touch features acoustic feedback and is positioned with a slight bias towards the driver. With its intuitive and simple smartphone-like user interface, the system displays crucial information like navigation maps and directions, engine and transmission temperatures, and the like.
• The driver and passengers are ensconced in the Audi RS 5 Sportback and the 180 W Audi sound system provides entertainment through its 10 speakers and Bluetooth interface
Safety & Convenience:
• The Audi RS 5 Sportback features an auto-dimming interior frameless rear-view mirror
• The exterior mirrors are power-adjustable and feature memory, heating, power-folding and auto dimming on both sides
• The rear luggage compartment is opened, and closed, electrically
• Parking has never been easier, all thanks to the Parking Aid Plus with a rear-view camera
• Hold assist kicks in preventing roll back when idling, which is just the thing that is needed whilst driving in stop and go traffic
• Highway driving is effortless and safe, all thanks to the cruise control with speed limiter
• Safety is a priority and the Audi RS 5 Sportback will not disappoint with its 6 airbags that include side airbags in front along with the curtain airbag system