EKA Mobility, a prominent electric commercial vehicle and technology company based in Pune, has taken a significant step in promoting urban sustainability. They’ve delivered ten state-of-the-art 1.5-tonne electric garbage tipper vehicles to the Pune Municipal Corporation, marking a significant advancement in environmentally friendly waste management for the city.
The vehicles were officially handed over in a ceremony attended by prominent political figures, including Ajit Pawar, Deputy Chief Minister of Maharashtra, and Chandrakant Dada Patil, Minister of Higher and Technical Education, Textiles, and Parliamentary Affairs – Maharashtra.
These electric garbage collection vehicles by EKA Mobility underwent successful trials with PMC before the current fleet was delivered. Hirdesh Thakur from EKA Mobility expressed their commitment to supporting Pune Municipal Corporation’s efforts in creating a cleaner and more sustainable urban environment.
They believe these electric garbage tipper vehicles will be instrumental in enhancing Pune’s cleanliness and quality of life in an environmentally conscious manner. EKA Mobility aims to collaborate with PMC to introduce more electric vehicles, with the goal of making Pune the first Indian city to have a 100% green mobility fleet.
Key Features of the EKA Mobility 1.5-tonne electric garbage tipper vehicles:
- Zero-Emission Operation: These electric garbage collection vehicles produce no tailpipe emissions, significantly reducing the carbon footprint associated with waste collection.
- High Payload Capacity: With a 1.5-tonne capacity, these vehicles ensure efficient and effective waste collection and transportation, leading to cleaner and more hygienic urban areas.
- Noise Reduction: These electric vehicles function silently, reducing noise levels and preventing disturbances in residential neighborhoods during waste collection hours.
- Extended Range: EKA Mobility’s advanced battery technology provides these vehicles with an impressive range, ensuring uninterrupted operation throughout the day.
- Advanced Safety Features: Equipped with modern safety features, the vehicles prioritize the well-being of waste collection crews and other road users.