Estimated Reading Time: 2 minutes
Enel X Way recently announced that Florida Power & Light has selected the company to support its FPL EVolution Home Program. FPL customers who have a 240-volt circuit can get an Enel X Way JuiceBox Level 2 smart EV charger for a fixed $31 monthly fee. If they don’t, there is a $38 fixed monthly charge. The fee includes unlimited off-peak renewable electricity to charge the charger and all engineering and permitting costs.
FPL residential customers must have an EV or lease one, live in a single-family residence with an attached garage and have Wi-Fi at the charging station to be eligible. FPL EVolution Home customers can also charge at home.
* Faster charging times and increased range confidence: Most EVs can reach 60 miles per hour while taking between 4-7 hours to fully charge.
* Lower charging costs: Unlimited off-peak renewable electricity on weeknights or weekends. Annual fuel cost savings of up to $579 compared to traditional vehicles.
* Less CO2 emissions than conventional vehicles: 8,000 pounds less per year
CNET and Car and Driver voted the Enel JuiceBox Level 2 charger the “Best EV Charging Device Overall for 2022”. This grid-connected charger uses off-peak charging to balance the grid. It offers energy cost savings and maximizes EV owners’ investments. JuiceBox chargers, which have been awarded the “Best EV Charger Overall for 2022”, are compact and weatherproof. They can also recharge EVs up 12 times faster than any other charging equipment. This provides owners with the best-in-class charging experience.
Enel Xway North America Head Chris Baker stated that Enel Xway is an experienced partner who has helped dozens and thousands of utilities and businesses, as well as hundreds of thousands of customers, to offer affordable residential EV charging. The rapid growth in EV markets has led to one thing: the United States is nearing an EV tipping point. This means that it is time to look into what incentives are available for consumers.
The FPL EVolution Home program will allow JuiceBox chargers to automatically charge when low-cost renewable energy is available. FPL will be able to collect data from these smart charging stations, which will allow them to gain valuable insights and learnings about customers’ charging habits and preferences.
* Scalability: A reliable and extensible network for EV charging to support the growth of electric vehicles in the service area
* Power quality evaluation: Information about customer charging behavior, grid impacts and EV adoption
* Equipment performance and materials durability: Effects of charging sessions and Florida environmental conditions
* Customer satisfaction: Feedback regarding charger placement, availability, segment/type, and billing method
* Pilot program insights: Opportunities for expanding the EV charging program, improving service and reducing costs
* Open network protocol: Less risk of assets being lost due to proprietary software, hardware or communication protocols
* Branding and data ownership