Estimated Reading Time: 1 minutes
April Month Figures:
The total electric vehicles that got registered in India in the month of April 2021 were 14,160. After a steady increase the number has fallen this month. So far, in the year 2021 a total of 76,608 EVs have been registered. The state of Uttar Pradesh again contributed to the monthly figure with the highest share of 21.8% (registered EVs- 3098). This was followed by Tamil Nadu with a share of 14% (registered EVs-2009) whereas the state of Karnataka came third with a share of 12.5% (registered EVs-1777).
Comparison With Previous Month:
For March, the total electric vehicles registered were 26,076. April saw a Month on Month drop of ~46%.
The graphical representation of M-o-M figures is depicted below.
- Goa Electric Vehicle Promotion Policy proposes huge subsidies for electric vehicles
- Andhra Pradesh Govt to provide electric bikes to employees on EMI
- SMEV reports that India’s EV sales declined 20% in FY 2020-21
- Uttar Pradesh’s 14 cities to get 700 electric buses
- Niti Aayog recommends higher subsidy and incentives for EVs