May Month Figures:
Due to the ongoing pandemic situation in the country and lockdown restrictions, the sales figures of electric vehicles in May 2021 were affected. The total electric vehicles that got registered in India in the month of May 2021 were 3308. The state with the highest contribution to the monthly figure was Uttar Pradesh again with a share of 19.4 %(registered EVs- 641). This was followed by Assam at 12.27% (registered EVs- 406), followed by Maharashtra at 10.64% (registered EVs- 352). Tamil Nadu contributed 9.4% with registered EVs of 314 and Bihar at 7% with 229 total EVs registered.
Comparison With Previous Month:
For April, the total electric vehicles registered were 14,174. May saw a significant Month on Month change of -77%.
The graphical representation of M-o-M figures is depicted below.
- DHI is working on installing 118 electric vehicle (EV) charging stations in Hyderabad.
- Energy Efficiency Services Limited (EESL) wholly owned subsidiary Convergence Energy Services Limited (CESL) to procure 300 electric cars with 3-year warranty from Tata Motors.
- Delhi High Court Recommends DHI To Consider Hydrogen Fuel Cell Under FAME 2
- Central Railway’s Mumbai Division Issues Tender For Allotment Of App Based E-Bikes
- Karnataka To Give 15% Subsidy To Investors In The EV Sector
- Maharashtra Government Aims For 10% Of New Vehicle Registrations To Be EVs By 2025
- Gujarat CM Launches 50 JBM ECO-LIFE Electric Buses In Ahmedabad