March Month Figures:
The total electric vehicles that got registered in India in the month of March 2021 were 25,862. The state of Uttar Pradesh contributed to this figure with the highest share of 20% (registered EVs- 5230). This was followed by Tamil Nadu with a share of 15% (registered EVs-3922) whereas the state of Karnataka came third with a share of 9.6% (registered EVs-2501).
Comparison With Previous Month:
For February, the total electric vehicles registered were 19,112. March saw a whopping Month on Month rise of 35.31%.
The graphical representation of M-o-M figures is depicted below.
- Bihar Government Commissions 12 Electric Low-floor Buses For The State
- Rajkot gets 50 e-buses under Faster Adoption and Manufacturing of Electric (& Hybrid) Vehicles (Fame-India) scheme phase 2
- Scrapping incentives to be provided under Delhi EV policy
- Odisha Govt to provide incentives to buyers of electric vehicles
- Delhi to introduce 1000 E-buses by 2021
- Shri Nitin Gadkari announced the Vehicle Scrapping Policy in Lok Sabha
- Delhi Govt to offer 5% interest subvention under EV policy
- MoRTH notifies Draft Rules for setting up registered Vehicle Scrapping Facility
- NHAI to develop over 600 wayside amenities along national highways including EV charging facilities
- Andhra Pradesh Govt plans to buy 1 lakh electric two-wheelers for its employees
- Delhi Govt approves to engage 300 electric AC buses